Wednesday, June 29, 2011

29 days and counting

No pictures today because my camera and blogger are NOT cooperating and i really have no idea how to fix the problem.
Today's smoothie had the Super Greens Mix, water, Wheatgrass, Maca Powder, Coconut Oil, Strawberries, Banana, Orange, and Agave.
The new elements of Maca (super energizer bunny energy) and Coconut Oil worked really well yesterday so I thought I would just dump them into the mix today. One of the greens in the Super Blend was a bit bitter (it seems I am having this problem with most of my smoothies). I think that my taste buds have not fully adjusted to some of the flavors and it is going to be a continued process in the next phase of my green smoothie drinking to challenge myself to continue trying new things. I can't believe tomorrow is day 30- it feels like I just started this journey and in some ways I have.
Ok so the I thought I'll add strawberry and banana and it will be like a typical strawberry banana smoothie- problem is I really don't like strawberry banana smoothies- ha! I added in my standby -orange and it really didn't do the trick for me either. Enter in the AGAVE- my favorite weapon against bitterness and yes maam I used too much. It was a little sickeningly sweet but after the first couple sips and Lots and LOTS of stirring I was able to drink it down with no real problems- my hubs did not feel the same way and drank about a quarter and said that it "wasn't a good one today" and I would have to agree... tomorrow is a new day and thank goodness for second chances and other ingredients :)

One healthy choice made today...

No comments:

Post a Comment