Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Random

I am really enjoying just being where I am at in life right now. My kids are at ages where I don't feel the constant pressure to be "perfect". I am trying to let the reins go a little and see what kind of choices they make and USUALLY they are pretty good ones. When I had Ashley (8 years ago-WOW!!) I was pretty neurotic. I really didn't allow anyone to help me because I felt that she was my job and my responsibility. I still feel that way sometimes but I also realized that just because I have 3 kids doesn't mean that I can not still be me as an individual.

I listen to Podcasts when I run...not always but I would say 95% of the time I do. I really enjoy running with others but at this point in time (summer) I try to get my miles in when I can. Often that means that I run early in the morning or late at night. I also do a lot of impromptu running in the middle of the day when my cousin Dani is home (she is living with us for the time being and I don't know how I will live without her). I love being able to run and chit chat with others at the same time...enter the Podcasts. My sister in law told me I had to listen to the Elevation Church Podcasts. I LOVE them!!! I have listened to the Mr and Mrs Betterhalf, Faith, Honorology, Treatment...and the list goes on and on. Pastor Steven is a gifted preacher and he speaks on so many topics that I feel God wants me to hear about. I told Dave that I really want to go to North Carolina just to hear him speak in person. He has an amazing vision and he said something in the podcast today that really stuck with me. He said that when you are looking at your life you see everything in play-by-play and when you are comparing yourself to others you are only seeing their highlight reel. I am so guilty of reading blogs and getting down on myself for not being "that good of a mom" or "so much slower as a runner" etc. etc. But I am not seeing their daily struggles, I am only seeing what they are choosing to tell and most of the time people (not intentionally) only talk about the good things and not so much the bad things going on in their lives.

I am at a point in my life where I need to be sharpened ( in just about everything) and I feel that listening to God (through others) really is helping.

We are going to have 3 more people staying with us for at least the next week and I am a little nervous about it but there isn't much I can do about it. Along with the 5 of us, 2 dogs, and Dani- who are all living here full time, we will have Dani's sister Alli, her friend Abi, and my father in law here as well. I really don't know where they are all going to sleep but I am sure we will find a place for everyone (i hope!).

Tomorrow Dave and I are going to attempt another long run together. I won't lie- I am nervous about this. We have just started running together (since Dani moved in) and we have done many 2-3 milers and a 7 miler (which was supposed to be 5 miles but wasn't). I love my husband and I love to run but many times I wonder if the 2 should really be mixed together.

I think that is enough of my rambling for now...if I think of more, I'll be back. Oh and my kids are all calling my name (grrreeeeaaatttt!)

No comments:

Post a Comment