Friday, January 18, 2013

The Expo and a bunch of Carbs

This is going to be a long one...
Let me start out by saying that short of my wedding and the birth of my kids, The 20th Annual Walt Disney World Marathon was the best day EVER!!!!
We got into town on Friday and went to eat a carbtastic lunch at Le Cellier (Canada) in Epcot. Normally, I would get a steak, because that is what they are known for, but since we were on Carbload 2013 I ate some
Pretzel Bread from Le Cellier is a MUST!!!

Yummy Gnocchi

After eating some great carbs we headed over to the expo at Wide World of Sports. Thank goodness we took the bus from the hotel because the traffic getting in and out was awful, so I was expecting some really long lines once we got inside. Much to my surprise it was really empty. I walked right up signed my forms and showed my id and everything was done in 15 minutes.

I was very impressed by how smoothly the packet pickup went. I think when I did Princess in 2011, I waited in line for 45 minutes to get my packet, so I definitely think that runDisney has taken things into consideration and made things much easier for all the impatient runners.

When we got back to the hotel, we met up with our kids at Beaches n' Cream and I had this beauty
it is called the No Way Jose and it was worth every calorie. It had chocolate and vanilla ice cream plus hot fudge and peanut butter- sooooooo good!!!!

Saturday night we ate at the Cape May Cafe and true to form I had A LOT OF CARBS!! It was a buffet, so I had a vegetable pasta and a seafood pasta (both were very good) tons of bread and A LOT OF WATER!! After a meal fit for a princess, I went up and went to bed (since my wake up call was)
and the next day I....

No comments:

Post a Comment