Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hello World...A new idea

I have been blogging over at www.kylesgogreen.blogspot.com for a little over a month. It has gone really well but it was a blog that was extremely limited to my green smoothie challenge. Yes I drank green smoothies for a month and I continue to do so and to encourage other to as well but as I said, it was limited to that. I have come to realize that I have so much more to say and I am more than I drink-haha! So I decided to try out a new format and here I can write about every little thing happening in the lives of the Kyle’s. I called it Mommy Get Moving for a reason. I am always telling my kids to get moving, mostly because we are running behind and I dislike being late.

The other day we were getting ready to take Ryan to Tae Kwon Do and he said “Mommy Get Moving!!!” and it hit me….they really do listen to what I am saying. Although sometimes I am very embarrassed by some of the things that their little memories are capturing I think that we are doing a really good job of teaching them some valuable principles.

Being active is extremely important to me. Partially because I have always been active and partially because of the lack of activity that kids today are involved in. I know that I am generalizing but I see kids mostly in 2 categories. The first category is active- involved in a sport or activity which requires physical activity 3 times a week. The second category is sedentary which would be the kids who watch a lot of television, play video games (nothing wrong video games if it isn’t all they do), and surf the internet. I feel bad for the kids who are sedentary because they are missing out on so much FUN!!

Excercise is so much fun and I want my kids to understand that at a young age and to enjoy the benefits from it for years to come. I want my kids to be able to form friendships, learn to work as a team, love God and show his love to others…and on and on and on. But unless I show them that I can do these things- they will never learn them. So, all of that to say this…I am blogging to keep myself accountable to my kids. I will be talking about my training (half marathons are my favorite), what I am learning in my quiet time, and whatever other craziness we are involved in. So sit back and enjoy the mayhem…

No comments:

Post a Comment