Friday, September 9, 2011

And the second week...

...was crazier than the first.
We spend the weekend in West Palm Beach with my sister and mother in law. It was an interesting time and even though I love them it was really nice to be home. On Sunday I ran a very nice 5 miler and felt super fabulous. Monday I did NOTHING-UGH!! I really don't like to take days off- it's just the way I am wired. Tuesday, Dave and I swam and I only could get in 1000 M because there was thunder in the area and the Y closes the pool when that happens (all the swimmers were mighty peeved!)
Wednesday I felt like I had been a massive slacker- so I took Lexi to the kidzone and I ran 7 miles
ON THE TREADMILL!!!!
I really dislike running 1 mile on the treadmill but i knew that I could do it and I just kept going. I won't lie- it was very very boring but my mind won the battle (score!).
Thursday I ran 3 in the am, did Kenpo X (so sore!), and then ran 3 more miles that night. Yuppers not the smartest thing I have ever done but I needed to feel like I was pushing myself.
This morning I dragged myself back to the pool and luck was on my side. There was no rain and I was able to get in 1750M which is the farthest I have gone yet. I am loving this swimming thing. I find it extremely relaxing. I just concentrate on my stokes and breathing and I put zero pressure on myself to go faster, I just go my wonderful manatee pace and I LOVE IT!!!

I think that I am getting stronger every day and I can't wait to see what the next few weeks hold.
Stay tuned because I will be doing a post on my FAVORITE green smoothie recipe and my love/hate relationship with Nuun.

One healthy choice made today...how about you??

No comments:

Post a Comment