Monday, September 24, 2012

Redeemed

As you all know from leading last weeks 15 mile debacle, I was having some serious issues with my training. I was actually really excited about running my planned 11 miles on the treadmill. The reason for having to use the treadmill is because I have these pesky things called kids (totally joking). But I do have 3 children and a husband who works very hard for our family which means that he isn't always home on the days that I have to run long.
This weekend we were able to go with him on one of his business trips to the Swan and Dolphin Hotel. We have stayed here many, many times and it is in my top 5 Disney hotels. The reason that I love staying here is because there is a nice and safe running loop and access to the Hollywood Studios parking lot to run through as well. I also can walk with my kids to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios as well. So on Saturday, I got up and ran my scheduled 5 miles and it felt amazing. I don't really know if it was because of where I was running or the fact that I knew that this next weekend we will be back to Disney for the Tower of Terror 10 mile race.
To say that I am excited for this race would be a massive understatement. It is happening on the day after my 34th birthday and it is my favorite distance and technically the course is very similar to the 13K I did 2 years ago.
I digress... so I put my kids in their beds, gave them kisses and tucked them in and jumped on my trusty treadmill with 3 45 minute shows to watch. This is my not so secret weapon when tackling longer runs on the treadmill. I watched Glee, Last Stand, and Real Housewives of Miami- I do not discriminate on quality TV (ha!) I really enjoyed the new drama Last Stand- it reminded me of the Unit except with submarines :) So once I got through the first 2 shows I was 8.5 miles and I was feeling really good and considering the 15 mile, I really needed the confidence boost. When I got to the 11 mile mark, I just kept going (love when that happens) and when I got to 12, I could have kept going. I have 3 days until we leave and with my confidence boost and adrenaline from being running at Disney again, I expect great things.

One step at a time,

No comments:

Post a Comment